ICCV7 for CPU12 supports all CPU12 & CPUS12 (HC12 / HCS12) devices.
HCS12X devices can be used as faster replacements for the S12 devices, plus the XGate capable assembler allows you to access this powerful co-processor in the S12X family.
A more detailed description of features is available in Acrobat
PDF Format: ICCV7 for CPU12 Flyer Page.
NEW: XGATE assembler support.
XGATE is a RISC coprocessor available in some S12X devices that can be used to process interrupts. Since the XGATE core has full access to all the S12X peripherals, careful use of the XGATE can drastically reduce loads on the CPU12X core. The latest version of the compiler (ADVANCED license only) has full assembler support for the XGATE coprocessor. The linker can handle mixed object files from CPU12 assembler and the XGATE assembler.
ICCV7 for CPU12 Features at a Glance:
- comprehensive target support
- powerful and user-friendly IDE
- ANSI C compiler
- assembler / linker
- debugger support
- third party tool support
- technical support
- (Additional features, debugger information, etc. listed below)
- ICCV7 for CPU12 plus the NoICE-12 debugger bundle is the lowest cost commercial development environment for CPU12 targets.
ICCV7 for CPU12 Product Editions:
- STANDARD: ANSI C compiler for CPU12 code generation. IDE with editor, project manager and code browser. Support for up to 64K byte of unpaged memory and 64K of expanded program memory. Help files available as HTML Help and PDF file.
- ADVANCED: Standard + allows access to unlimited amount of expanded program memory. XGate assembler for S12X.
- PROFESSIONAL: Includes support for S12X global addressing and new instructions, plus MIO Global Optimizer™. Improve program size and runtime speed by 10-15%.
- NON-COMMERCIAL: The non-commercial version is similar to Standard, but with the following limitations: a) the command line compiler cannot be run, b) the dongle option is not available, and c) there is no floating point support. (One may upgrade to the STD version.)
- V6/V7 USB Dongle 64-bit driver is here: http://imagecraft.com/pub/drivers.zip
Debugging your Code
- The preferred debugger is NoICE-12 (Available from ImageCraft.) NoICE-12 provides full C source level debugging and requires the use of a BDM Pod (ELMICRO's ComPOD12 is offered in our Hardware section, or as an option when you purchase the compiler or debugger.)
- NoICE-12 supports all popular BDM Pod including ELMICRO's ComPOD12, P&E Multilink etc.
- The P&E debugger can be used to debug in source line mode.
- Jürgen Krummsdorf's HC12ICD is another option.
CPU12 Related Software Tools, Hardware Accessories, Etc.:
NOTE: ImageCraft's CPU12 compilers are widely used in many academic institutions for mechantronic and microcontroller classes.
- Hardware USB Licensing Dongle (available from ImageCraft)
- Use a hardware device to manage your license instead of the default node lock software license. Allows you to use the compiler on more than one machine or safely reformat your system without software license replacement.
- ImageCraft carries BDM pods and CPU12 / S12 / SX12 development boards and kits from ELMICRO.
- Pumpkin Inc.'s Salvo™ RTOS
- Salvo can be ordered directly from ImageCraft. Once purchased, we will email you the instructions on downloading Salvo.
- designed expressly for single-chip microcontrollers like Atmel's AVR, TI's MSP430 and Freescale's HC11. With Salvo, you can implement new designs quickly in any MSP430 and HC11 derivative, with plenty of RAM and ROM left over.
- Salvo is an event-driven, priority-based multitasking RTOS with minimal on-chip resource requirements. Event support includes semaphores (binary and counting), message, message queues and event flags. Time-based services include delays, waiting with timeouts and elapsed time. Salvo has low interrupt latency and fast context switching. It is highly configurable, scalable, ROMable and extensible. Salvo is for use with ImageCraft's ICCAVR, ICC430 and ICC11 development tools.
- Salvo comes in different versions, with varying features to fit your budget. See http://www.pumpkininc.com and click on Products/Salvo for the complete list. Salvo Lite is freeware with limited functionality that you can use to evaluate Salvo. Salvo Tiny is a new low cost package that is built specifically with the ICC compilers. Salvo is royalty-free. Around the world, embedded designers benefit from Salvo's rich feature set, rock-solid reliability and excellent support. Please visit their website (http://www.pumpkininc.com) for more information and to download Salvo Lite for evaluation.
- This table (click) summarizes the features of different Salvo versions. You should however, always consult the Pumpkin Inc. website for the latest product information
- For the simplest needs of multitasking kernels, ImageCraft has written a minimal executive that works well with ICC11 and ICC12: ftp://ftp.imagecraft.com/pub/pub/contrib/uexec.zip Others have extended µexec to include semaphores, mailboxes, and ported it to other ICC compilers such as ICCAVR. Email us if you are interested in more details.
- From http://www.ucos-ii.com: "µC/OS-II is a highly portable, ROMable, scalable, preemptive, real-time, multitasking kernel. µC/OS-II is written in ANSI C and the inner workings of µC/OS-II are described in the book "µC/OS-II, The Real-Time Kernel" (ISBN 1-57820- 103-9) written by world renowned author Jean J. Labrosse."
- µ/COS-II ports exist for ICCAVR, ICC11, and ICC12.
Site & graphics ©1994-2013 by K.W. & ImageCraft Creations Inc.
This site was created on a Macintosh.